Sunday, 22 March 2015

In Maths we are learning to Share




I have 24 counters. How many will each person get if I have to share with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 people? Throw your die to see how many people you need to share with.

I have 24 counters. I shared them with 3 people they each got 8 counters.

I have 24 counters. I shared them with 4 people they each got 6 counters.

I have 24 counters. I shared them with 2 people they each got 12 counters.

I have 12 counters. How many will each person get if I have to share with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 people? Throw your die to see how many people you need to share with.

I have 32 counters. How many will each person get if I have to share with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 people? Throw your die to see how many people you need to share with.



Remember they need to be an even share. You may have some counters left over.

We would love to see how you record this at home.

The kIndy Teachers 

1 comment:

  1. Tried this today. Interesting concept. Took a few tries for my son to get it but more practice for the rest of the week. Thanks for providing us guidance to teach our children. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete